Performance Management Framework
Landgate directly supported the State Government’s goal of ensuring economic activity is managed in a socially and environmentally responsible manner for the long-term benefit of WA by:
- underpinning the effective and efficient operation of the land and property market
- providing access to Government location information to support sound decision making by Government, industry and the community.
These contributions and how they relate to State Government goals and authority outcomes are outlined below. Further details are outlined in the Significant Achievements and the Disclosures and Legal Compliance sections of this annual report.
Landgate works with other agencies to deliver cross-government outcomes and provide benefits to Government, industry and the community. For example, SPUR leads implementation of WA’s Open Data Policy, SLIP and Capture WA initiatives.
By collaborating across Government to improve the access to, use and management of location information, Landgate:
- leads implementation of WA’s Open Data Policy, SLIP and Capture WA initiatives
- supports the economic growth of the State by improving the access, use and integration of location information on projects such as METRONET, Westport and Target120
- provides location information to support sound planning and decision making for Government, industry and the community
- minimises the duplication of resources by collecting location data once and using it many times
- reduces infrastructure cost and maintenance for location information, resulting in more efficient use of funding across Government
- develops the location information industry through partnerships between industry and Government, rather than direct competition, to provide new planning and decision-making support services, geographic information system (GIS) capabilities, data collection and maintenance services, and industry development opportunities.
- provides market valuations for residential and pastoral property and crown leases on behalf of Government agencies to assist with setting rents, asset management and analysis, lease performance and to ascertain potential revenue streams.
Minister for Transport; Planning; Lands, Hon Rita Saffioti MLA, pictured with Susan Dukes – Commissioner of Titles, Dione Bilick – Surveyor General, Jodi Cant – Chief Executive, Caroline de Mori – Chair and Liz Burke – General Manager, Strategy, People & Performance